Monday, May 10, 2004

The New Blogger

Christ on parade! The folks at Blogger, which is the site I use for making this blog, have decided to completely revamp the user interface. The idea is that the web publishing tools that we on the Blogger network have been using for years are completely out of date and sometimes hard to use. Now, I like the possibility of posting pics to this blog. But it doesn't seem to work very well. If you don't have a paying account, the Help Page tells you to download a small program that will automate posting for you. Well, I tried it, and not only is the interface impossible to figure out, there is no support for it either on the site. I dicked around with it and thought I had gotten it to post a picture. Nope. Just a little link going back to the program's website. Yah, thanks a lot.

Then I tried to post an image of myself to my profile so it would show up on the top of the page whenever anybody logged on. This time I tried to go through Angelfire, which still hosts my first page, and uploaded the 13k image by using a URL which led to the pic. Now, Photoshop tends to save pictures with extensions like .JPG instead of .jpg, or .GIF instead of .gif. Blogger doesn't like that. It assumed the pic was not the right format because the letters were in capital. Now, Photoshop is pretty popular. I would think that it would be in their best interests if they would have fixed this bug before launch, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, so not only did I not get to send a picture to my blog, but now I have this crappy little program, and I had to sign up for their newsletter as well before they would allow me to download it.

Thanks, Blogger. I'm sure you guys will get the wrinkles ironed out eventually, but I'm pretty stressed over this. I'm such a fuckin' whiner, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home