Tuesday, May 06, 2003

How do you say "I'm Sorry" to a country that you just obliterated? It turns out that there probably were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. This would be a good time for the bush administration to figure out a good lie for why we really went into Iraq in the first place. I mean, I know that Saddam was an asshole who would have nuked America if he had the chance. The problem is that he didn't have a chance. Senior officials are saying that Saddam conveniently disposed of his WMD program before the U.S. led invasion, which is why we will probably not find anything now. If we had left the U.N. inspectors to do their job, they would have come to the same conclusion, and we didn't want that.

Well, we got our war and we got our oil. If you look at the economy, you can see that it is looking healthier since the war. Gas prices are slated to drop sometime mid-summer. All these after-effects were the reason I supported the war, and still do. I never bought the WMD reason, I knew it was a power play to save our economy. I just wish we would have at least faked some nukes or something and saved face. Expect the shit to hit the fan in the Middle East once Al Jazeera reports this to the masses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home