Friday, April 18, 2003

If you have alot of money, and you want to recreate a crappy 80's movie with your friends, how do you go about it? First, pick a movie. Let's say it's The Cannonball Run. Then, you go buy a ridiculously expensive car. Next, throw a lavish party in San Francisco's Fairmont Hotel. Finally, make a mad dash across the country to Miami. Viola, you have The Gumball Rally. This story makes me sick in many different ways, but mostly by the fact that I would love to be in a race like this, but have not the resources for it. Shit, I trip when I need to go to Oil Changers. Imagine wrapping a Bentley around a light pole in B.F.I. Few will remember this, but The Gumball Rally was a movie about a cross-country car race that came out years before The Cannonball Run. This glaring error dates the reporter of this story fairly well. As in, he's younger than me by a few years. And he writes for a real publication, while I write this thing.

On another note, I may be writing an interview with The Cliftons for the illustrious "Maximum Rock And Roll". Although I have not been picked as yet, I am in fairly good standing, seeing as I'm the only writer that these guys know. Or at least that's what I keep saying to myself. If this thing works out, it will be the first time my work has ever been published in a regular periodical. If the good folks at MR&R like it, I could get more articles out of it. I would feel the same sense of accomplishment that the other writers for this mag feel, except for the fact that they are in their late teens, and I'm in my early thirties. Hey, I'm a late bloomer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home