Monday, March 17, 2003

If there is a war in Iraq, will we see it? Apparently not, since the Pentagon has told independent journalists that if satellite uplinks are detected inside the city of Bhagdad, they would be fired upon, even if journalists are present and actively broadcasting at the time. This leaves me with a warm, fuzzy feeling deep down inside. You can listen to the whole story here. This is also from a BBC correspondent on Irish Radio, so it's got a little of that St. Pat's flava, too.

Censorship seems to be the soup du jour for the day, seeing as the Academy Awards ceremony has decided to blacklist celebrities that they think may turn their speeches into anti-war diatribes. I read these articles with an air of aloofness because they seem so surreal. I keep expecting Dubya to come on the television and declare that the swastika will be the new flag for his regime. I know that sounds stupid, but it's how I feel. If we look back in history, we can see the blueprints for a new fascist empire developing right in front of us. This is one of the reasons I try to steer away from these types of stories. They just depress me. The thing that really gets me is that Dubya's own father has criticized his actions. You know when George Bush I questions your actions, that you are headed directly to Hell, where there is a position waiting for you as the new Prince of Darkness. And still some people ask why I don't vote Republican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home