Sunday, March 02, 2003

I ama sucker. I have committed the mortal sin of buying something at CompUSA purely as an impulse. I have screwed myself on this enough times to know better, but there you go. Don't do as I do, don't buy Neocron, it sucks. Not only do they not give you enough by the way of instructions, but it is tedious as well. I was going to say more about it, but it doesn't deserve that many words.

In other news, there is a friend of mine that has been causing me much grief this weekend. Shit, they have been causing me grief for a couple of years now. I have watched one of my very best friends self-destruct a couple of years ago, and in the end there was only death and remorse. Now it seems like I am watching it all over again. My heart aches when I think of the friendship that is falling apart before my eyes. This particular person has begun to come unglued, and everybody has noticed. Now, I'm not on any moral high ground myself. I have done many things that I am not proud of. But just call me Dr. Taco, because I'm one hell of a hypocrite. This person was one of my closest friends, now I don't want to be around them. I have talked to them, and I have worried away the nights thinking about what they are doing to both themselves and their loved ones. I am about at the end of my rope now. I don't know what to do to help, and I feel like I did when Scott went down that slippery slide into a bottle of oblivion. Everybody has a different take on this situation, and I want to hear yours. What should I do? Here are the particulars:

1. This person is addicted to a very bad thing. Something that is ingested to bring on a high at first, later simply taken to function normally.

2. This person has someone who counts on them for nearly everything. This distresses me the most, because soon they will not receive that support. Ambiguous, aren't I?

3. This person doen not seem to realize or even care about the danger they are putting themselves in.

I'm actually crying right now thinking about this situation. Like I said, this has been bothering me alot recently. Nobody likes to lose friends, but it seems like a running theme in my life. So I need your help. Any thoughts or stories would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a loss.

The next post will not be nearly as somber. I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home