Tuesday, February 11, 2003

It's nice to hear that Osama is still rattling around the world, I was beginning to think this whole war was over oil. Phew! I can't tell you how relieved I am. I would also like to thank the Grand Poobah of the Al Qaeda for endorsing the idea of suicide bombers inside the US. As if I could sleep anyway, now I have to worry about every person who saunters by in a trenchcoat. Actually, they were freaking me out way before now. But this time they might not be whiny, overprivileged youths; rather, they would be religious idealists. I don't know which is actually worse, but the zealots give me the 'oogies'.

They just had this whole special about suicide bombers last month on the Discovery Channel, and now I don't want to go to the supermarket for fear of being blown up. Okay, it's not that bad, but it's still a little freaky. We walked right into this jihad, this holy war, and it will ultimately come down to either us or them using one horrendous strike to end it once and for all. Are we really willing to go through all nine innings, when we might just destroy the whole world? I know Bush will go all the way, but should we support him all the way through? This thing is starting to tear at the very fabric of modern society. It's no wonder that the doomsayers are predicting the end of the world. It could very well be right around the corner.

On the lighter side, when we are all living in caves a few years from now, I hope my cavemate draws funny political comics of Bush. You know, with big ears and beady eyes, saying "Ooops!" or something equally clever. That would be funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home