Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Dubya's incessant bible thumping is really starting to piss me off. He must be aware of the fact that he is excluding alot of his constituents, be they Jews or Muslim or what-have-you. We are not all brainwashed evangelical Christians, and we don't appreciate this blatant mixing of church and state. Why do I sound so angry about such a "little" matter? This is one of the reasons that we are in this 'War On Terror'. Fanaticism is an ugly thing, no matter where it comes from. Just because we mention God on our currency(which is fucked up on it's own), this does not give us any moral or spiritual high ground in this world. I might not understand religion, but I understand commitment. Most Americans choose religion by convenience. That isn't what religion is about. It is about faith and sacrifice. Like it or lump it, the Muslims are way more commited to their religions than most Christians.
If you don't believe me, then you are most likely a Christian. Go jump in a lion's mouth. Oh, and God bless America.

P.S. Don't send me your e-mails and think that you are going to convert me or make me "see the light". I don't believe in God at all. I am an adult, and made this decision a long time ago. I have heard all the arguments, and I have been prayed for. What have I gathered from this? You are all fucking stupid. There, I said it. Take some goddamn responsibility for your actions! If you fucked up, it wasn't the Devil's fault, it was yours. If things go well for you, it wasn't the prayers, it was probably your actions. Trust me on this.
You absolutely will not listen to another point of view at all, electing to refer to the ancient tome of your faith for answers. Dinosaur bones in the Earth? God put them there to test our faith. Millions die every year of AIDS? Scourge of the unwashed heathens. You fucking conceited pricks. Maybe there is a reason the rest of the world is out after us. Because of you. Jesus must be turning over in his grave when he sees the atrocities that are perpetrated in His name. I mean, aren't you sick of yourselves? You blow up an abortion clinic(see: Planned Parenthood) which kills doctors and patients, and you think you did the world a favor? You destroy the history of whole civilizations, like all of the cultures in Central and South America from the 15th century on, and feel you are doing the "Lord's" work? You support the usurpers of the various holy places, but not the original habitants? To be fair, this could be almost anyplace, so don't feel left out. My point is, FUCK YOU.

It's been a long time coming for this particular rant. I have very firm views on religion, and I'm glad this one was as incomprehensible as possible. I feel it embodies the soul of my position, without the coherence of rational thought, and that is as it should be. Isn't that how religion works?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home