Tuesday, December 17, 2002

What the fuck is up with this weather? I left the house when it was sunny, and I got about three miles down the road when the skies opened a cap of whup-ass on the freeway. There is a major accident right down the street from me on 280, and all lanes are closed. Additionally, there is a big accident on 4th Street blocking lanes. Now Karen has something to look foward to as she goes home. I thought this was supposed to end by now, I mean, how much water could be up there? This is getting a little too biblical for my atheist ass.

I got some feedback from my last entry, some of it good, some of it not so good. The consensus is that The Donnas suck, and why would I mention them as Women In Rock. One person put forth that, "They are just a bunch of no-talent, whiny girls from Shallow Alto.". It was actually Joan Jett that had mentioned them in her letter, and personally I agree with her on this subject. This is an object lesson for reading the content before you comment. They were mentioned simply because the Rolling Stone article colored Britney and Pink as "rockers" when the Donnas actually play rock, but never even got a mention. They might not be your cup of tea, but they do have a large fan base. They are unrecognized by the mainstream media because they are kinda butt. There, I said it. I know that it's a disgustingly superficial comment, and if you met me, you would say that I have no room to talk. But that is the way that the machine thinks. Does Britney have more talent than Bif Naked? Hell, no! But you will be seeing Britney all over the goddamn place and poor ol' Bif gets nada.

It has also been suggested that I turn this blog into a gossip column. Seriously, I think this valley has enough gossipers, and nothing ever happens here anyway. I will gossip from time to time on this site, but I don't want my content to be rife with unfounded accusations. Neither do I want my email to be filled with venomous comments and threats. My fragile self-esteem couldn't handle all that negativity. And I just broke my rose quartz crystal. Alright, now I need a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home