Sunday, December 15, 2002

I went to that show on Friday night, and I'm a little pissed at some people now. I recently grew a beard, having not had facial hair for about 8 years. It's not a new lifestyle change, I'm not going to buy the new Phish album or anything, I just felt like doing it. I might not even keep it. Anyway, I'm at the show, and someone I know came up to me and said, "I liked you better without all that facial hair." There was also a look of disdain on her face as she remarked on this.

My question is: Who the fuck are you to comment on my appearance? Are we not to be friends anymore if I leave it on? Am I to suppose that if you don't like it, then nobody will? If you are not fucking me, or have plans to, then what difference does it make what I look like? It's superficial comments like that which make me not like living in this town. Get your head out of your ass and think of the feelings of other people for once in your shallow life. San Jose is quickly turning into another Danville, suburbian Hell, where it's only what's on the surface that matters. I've got a secret for you, you all dress the same, have the same piercings, and listen to the exact same music. That's not rebellion, that's fashion. I admit that I have done the same. The beard was my subconscious comment on this trend. At least, now that I think about it.

Anywho, gotta go shave. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home